Theresa Lo, CPA Chartered Professional Accountant 陳盧韻詩注册會計師事務所
Theresa Lo, CPAChartered Professional Accountant陳盧韻詩注册會計師事務所

Part 1:  Personal Federal Taxes Changes

1.  Disability Tax Credit - Nurse Practitioners


In order to claim disability tax credit, the patient has to get certified for the disability by certain medical practitioners, including:  medical doctors (who can certify all types of impairments), audiologists, occupational therapists, optometrists, physiotherapists, psychologiests, and speech-language pathologiests.  Starting March 21, 2017, nurse practitioners are now added to this list of medical practitioners as long as the certification is within their scope of practice.


For more information, please contact us @ 604-639-3229 or


Note:  All information relating to the credit above is available from CRA website.


By Theresa Lo, CPA, CGA

February 12, 2018

Get in Touch With Us

Please check out our News section for the most updated info in regards of our firm.


Call us at +1 604 639-3229+1 604 639-3229 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.


Or you may use our contact form.

In order to visit us

Theresa Lo, CPA

Suite 200​, 5050 Kingsway

Burnaby, British Columbia

V5H 4C2

Get Connected!

Print | Sitemap
© Theresa Lo, CPA.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.